Sushi Pizza. Sushi Burrito. Sushi Burger. You name it, we have it!
There is at least one sushi joint on every block here in Vancouver. And did you know that most of these sushi joints are not actually managed by Japanese? A number of these places are owned by either Koreans or Chinese and sometimes you won’t be able to tell the difference.
Vancouverites would agree when I say that sushi is an inexpensive but filling food that you could easily get wherever you may be. Although I have not yet tried the ones I’ve mentioned at the top, I know that I would love and enjoy eating them the same way.
In no particular order, below are some names of sushi places that I’ve been to or want to go to:
- Broadway Station Sushi – 1638 E Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5N 1W1
- Friendly Service
- Offers Korean Food
- Tojo’s – 1133 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6H 1G1
- Famous for its Omakase (“leave it up to us”) dinners
- Pokerrito – 558 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 1Y1
- Popular for “build-your-own-base”
- Offers Sushi Burrito
- Wild Sushi – 4288 Dunbar St, Vancouver, BC V6S 2G1
- Clean place
- Offers Lunch Specials
- Hapa Izakaya – 909 W Cordova St, Vancouver, BC V6C 2G8
- Offers modern fusion Japanese tapas
- Awarded Best Izakaya: Golden Plates 2016
- Japanese Bistro Hatzu – 1175 Davie Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 1N2
- Formerly known as Sushi Bella
- Offers Sushi Pizza & Gyu Sushi Burger
Most of these photos are posted on my Instagram food account: @thepigleteats. Feel free to follow me for more food photos!